Thinking about making the journey back to natural? Here’s your roadmap.
Thinking outside the box is not always easy—especially when you’ve had a long-term relationship with your relaxer. And, of course, rocking gravity-defying kinks and coils comes with another set of unique joys and challenges. The Science of Transitioning: A Complete Guide to Hair Care for Transitioners and New Naturals is your essential, all-inclusive guide to the journey back—written exclusively for those who are chemically relaxed and considering the natural journey, those who are taking their first steps back to natural and those who have already gone all in!
Unleash your hair’s fullest potential, and learn how to care for the natural kinks, coils and curls you were born with.
Great for those who are:
- Currently relaxed and considering natural hair
- Transitioners (Long-term and short-term transitions)
- New Naturals (Recently chopped, or natural for less than 2 years)
- How chemical relaxers really affect the hair and scalp.
- How to transition while keeping your hair as healthy as possible.
- The best products and techniques to use during your transition.
- How your mental transition determines the success of your physical transition.
- Tips for dealing with unsupportive friends and family members.
- Tips for getting the most out of your new natural hair!
- Regimen advice for both transitioners and new naturals.
- Sample “Transitioning Timeline” and care instructions to carry you through the first year of transitioning.
- More than one hundred illustrations and directions for handling and styling transitioning and newly natural hair.
- New, updated images of hair at the microscopic level.
- Product suggestions, sample regimens and more!