When you are an African-American woman, the rules are different. You face a starkly disparate reality than your non-black counterparts. Here are the startling facts:
- You are three times more likely to never marry. Almost twice as likely to divorce, if you do.
- And significantly more likely to earn the lion’s share of your household’s income. Whether you are single, divorced or widowed —
Dr. Shane Perrault, Ph.D., has learned firsthand that “It is never too late to live happily ever after.” Throughout his work as a marital psychologist, he has found one of the key factors in relationship or marital success is choosing the right partner. In this book, you will discover:
* Common mistakes smart women make when choosing for Mr. Right — and How to Avoid them.
* Three stages of healing from infidelity.
* Why is it so hard to date someone with kids?
* When Mr. Right’s circumstances make him Mr. Wrong: 13 ways to distinguish game changers from deal breakers
* You’ve found Mr. Right, now what? Date, move in, move on, or marriage.
Dr. Shane Perrault is the founder of African American Marriage Counseling, where he has provided relationship and marital therapy counseling to hundreds of couples since 2004. He has been featured in Ebony and Essence magazines, the Washington Post; XM Radio, BET and TV One.